Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Half, Full, 50K and 50M

After Flying Monkey I have been looking for my next marathon. That’s when one of my colleagues introduced to Diane Taylor. What a breath of fresh air she turned out to be! 75 Marathons and Ultra marathons so far. Amazing. She was there for Flying Monkey Marathon as well. Gosh, wish I had met her during that time. She managed to complete Flying marathon in spite of her stress fracture. I found her to be very humble and cheerful. It was very encouraging and inspiring talking to her. The outcome of getting inspired! I signed up for four races. Yeah Four races! Thanks Diane! You rock. 

Right after our conversation she sent me the list of races that she has signed up for the coming months and I was lucky enough to enroll in four of those races well before the registration cut-off. As the title of the post says, the race distance is going to be in incremental order. Starts with Half Marathon and will end with an Ultra Marathon. 

I have never done anything crazy like this before, so it's going to be fun. Here's my race schedule.

Cedars Frostbite Half-Marathon : 13-Feb-10     Lebanon State Park, Lebanon, TN
2010 Mercedes Full Marathon : 14-Feb-10    Birmingham, AL
Black Warrior 50K : 20-Feb-10    Bankhead National Forest - AL
Land Between the Lakes Trail run 50 Miles:13-Mar-10    Grand Rivers, KY

Wish me luck. I'll keep you posted on my survival rate.

4 comments:

minniegirl said...

Whoa... All d best Naresh..

Buddha said...

Good Luck, mama. Go conquer!

Asha said...

ha ..by the time I return you would have completed three..fantastic Naresh and all the best:)

Thiyagarajan said...

All the best dude :)